I have put the latest build of Laser Hockey DS online tonight. This version finally has a real physics engine courtesy of Box2D. Again, it looks identical to the last two builds but this one finally plays like a real game. Next month is all about the looks...gotta shrink those paddles.
- Using Box2D for physics, still needs a lot of tweaking and bug fixing; it took almost two months but it's a huge improvement
- Re-initializing memory between screen changes to avoid a memory leak
- Remove remnants of old placeholder engine
- Using Box2D's body rotation for the sprite rotation
- Player two takes control of physics updates when ball is in his or her court, a vast improvement in responsiveness of game play for player two
- Select button now exits practice and multiplayer games
You can download it by clicking this link: LHDS_2008_05_31.zip
I am not going to provide any new screenshots as they are exactly the same.